Friday 11 November 2016

33 Weeks Pregnant with Twins


Babies are the size of pineapples. They weigh a little over 4 pounds and are about 17 inches long. This week was growth scan week, so we know our smaller twin weighs about 3 lbs. 2oz and our bigger twin weighs 5 lbs. 1 oz.

The doctors were very happy with their growth over the past 3 weeks. They both gained about a pound. But our smaller baby is in the less then 5% category. Out absolute end date for the pregnancy is July 7th.

How far along? 33 weeks

Weight Gain? 28 pounds. My weight has either stayed the same or gone down over the last month I am hovering right about the 30 pound mark. I don’t know what is going on.

But the doctors aren’t worried because both babies gained a pound in three weeks. Our little one is still little but at least she is still gaining.

Workouts? Being on bed rest means not much. My doctor wants me moving my legs to prevent blood clots, but I am not allowed to do anything major. I will be back to working out in no time. I can’t believe no matter what we will meet these twins in a week and a half. I am still hoping we make it that far. I know it is wishful thinking, but a girl can dream.

Symptoms? I have not been feeling well. I have been tired and achy and just down in the dumps.

Stretch Marks? Not yet! I started taking these new vitamins about a week ago and I am  still using my Mama Mio lotion and coconut oil. As most of you know I do drink a ton of water.

Sleep? These past few days since coming home from the hospital I have been exhausted so I have been sleeping amazingly well.

Movement? Lots of kicks and jabs. Baby B is still moving around like crazy. She is still rolling all over the place. I have no idea how she has that much room to do it.

Milestone: 33 Weeks is a huge milestone for us. Especially since last Friday we thought we were going to have our twins in no time. Making it another week is wonderful. Hopefully, we can do one more week; 34 weeks. Ok, at least July.

Genders? Identical twin girls.

Labor signs? I have been having more contractions, pressure, and back pain. The pain is definitely much less when I am lying down or sitting. But it is still there. Hopefully, bed rest will hold off labor for a little longer.

Belly button in or out? Out.

What I am looking forward to this week? Sunday is Sophia’s actual birthday. I am so excited to celebrate her special day with her. Obviously, we aren’t doing much. But we will have a cake and some presents. I know she will love her day. I just pray the twins aren’t born on her birthday. I really want Sophia to have her own day and not have to share it with her sisters.

Happenings/Thoughts from this past week:


  1. Being in the hospital this weekend was something I never thought would happen. I guess I shouldn’t say never, but it didn’t really cross my mind. At this point I was only worried about the twins growing well, not about me going into preterm labor.
  2. I was given magnesium sulfate Friday night into Saturday and that is seriously the worst drug. It makes you feel awful. Anyone, who has had it I am so sorry and anyone who has to have be prepared, but you will make it through. Steve kept telling me this is for the twins.
  3. Emotionally preterm labor is so difficult to grasp because with most pregnancies (such as my first two) you are so excited when you dilate and having labor symptoms. I remember working out extra hard when Isabella was ready to come. This time around I am trying to keep the contraction away. It is a rollercoaster.
  4. One of the things that makes me very sad about our twins being in the NICU is our girls not being able to see their sisters. I know Sophia and Isabella are so excited to meet the twins and it will be difficult for them not to get to tough them for a few weeks. It will be hard on all of us, but as a mom I am always worried about my girls.
  5. I still need to get the girls bags put together, but now that I am on bed rest, it is quite difficult. My mom is going to help me. I all ready have pretty much everything for the bags, so it should be easy. But I feel so bad, she is seriously doing everything for us and I hate to continue asking her for more and more. I am ready to start taking care of things again. I am just the type of person who always feels bad.
  6. A highlight from my week is Sophia tell me that I was her favorite present. During prayers on Saturday night she thanked God for bringing home to her party. I seriously have no idea what I did to have such wonderful girls. I am the lucky one. I told her I thanked God for bringing me home to be at your party.





source: http://fitformotherhood.com/33-weeks-pregnant-with-twins/

No comments:

Post a Comment