Friday 4 November 2016

34 weeks pregnant with twins


Thank you thank you thank you for being understanding about my not having time/energy/full feeling in my hands to be able to blog lately. Truth be told, I have been so exhausted at the end of every day that blogging has been the last thing on my mind. I couldn’t leave you all without an update on the girls though, so here we are at 34 weeks!

34 weeks seems pretty huge to me (just like 32 and 30 did 😉 ). At this point, whenever these girls decide to show up, my doctor will not do anything to stop labor. Also, babies born at 34 weeks generally do not have overall health problems in the long run (although may need some extra help the first few days/weeks they are born).

Weight Gained: Can you say fluid retention? Holy smokes. Since I went back to work last week, I have been retaining a lot of fluid in my legs, particularly in my ankles. I think at my appointment on Thursday I was up 38 pounds, but then I weighed myself at home on Saturday at was only up 34 (the swelling had gone down tremendously).

Also, at this point the girls are estimated to be about 5 & 1/3 pounds each (based on my last ultrasound) – that’s a lot of baby in me!

Symptoms: I’m feeling pretty much done at this point. I’m pretty sure this past week has been the HARDEST week of my pregnancy so far – and I’m also pretty sure that going back to work has a LOT to do with it. I really underestimated just how exhausting it would be!

Contractions: Holy contractions. In the last few days especially, they have increased in frequency and intensity. In fact, I was up Saturday night for hours with contractions that wrapped around to my back. I kept changing positions and finally went out into the living room to watch tv and try to sleep – and of course they went away. They definitely felt different than any other BH contraction I have had so far though!

Swelling: Like I said before, the swelling has been out of control. It went down this weekend because all I did was lay around as much as I could. I’m sure after a few days of working my ankles will disappear again. 😉

Nausea and Heartburn: I’ve been consistently feeling pretty nauseous the past few days and every time I eat I seem to get heartburn. Ouch!

Carpel Tunnel: Same as last week!

Overall feeling of irritability, crabbiness, and exhaustion. I’m a fun person to be around right now. 😉


Movement: These two are always kicking up a storm!

Food Cravings:  Nothing in particular

Food Aversions: Nothing in particular

Sleep: Sleep has generally been okay other than waking up 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom!

Stretch Marks? The same little ones from last week – nothing new!

Miss Anything? Sushi, wine, sleeping on my stomach – same old!

Looking forward to: Meeting these baby girls!

Belly Button in or out? It’s hanging alllll out now.

Happy or moody most of the time? So so so so so crabby. I honestly feel horrible for my family members right now – specifically my mom and John. They’re being troopers with my snapping at them for every single little thing lately. I know it’s hard for John to be patient with me when I’m a monster wife. He just nods his head, helps me up, and avoids me any other time at this point – ha!




source: http://cleaneatingchelsey.com/2013/08/19/34-weeks-pregnant-with-twins/

No comments:

Post a Comment