Sunday 6 November 2016

9 Weeks Pregnant With Twins

Pregnant With Twins? Check Out My Twin Bump Week By Week



Oh God. Just how enormous am I going to get? What the hell is my skin going to look like? Where am I going to put TWO babies? Will I have one of those long sticky-out-y ‘sausage’ bumps? (They exist!

Long long bumps that just keep on going). Just a few of the panic induced thoughts that whizzed through my head when I found out I was pregnant with twins



My advice for pregnant twin mums to be is not to google twin bumps or compare yourself to singleton bumps. Every bump and pregnancy is totally different. But I’m not one to take my own advice.

I obsessively googled twin bumps every single week. And of course took weekly photos (well, almost every week) to track my progress.

I was so scared about what I would look like. And if I’d ever recover… but my post partum body is a post for another day…

Looking back now I find it absolutely amazing that the human body can do what it can. Finding room for two nearly 6lb babies inside?

Absolutely bonkers! I didn’t start showing much until around week 18 and then I had no chance, my bump had a mind of its’ own and seemed to expand before my very eyes.

I legitimately thought that my bump wasn’t all that big for a twin bump, even near to the end (I gave birth at 37 weeks), but since giving birth I’ve had no end of people telling me

"You really were huge Ursula, just didn’t want to tell you.” Fair enough, no pregnant woman wants to hear she’s huge. Even though it was definitely, kinda true!

I put on 16kg during my pregnancy which is pretty much 3 stone. Check out my bump progression below. I’ll forever be mourning my ‘four weeks pregnant’ flat belly pic right at the start. I don’t know if that kind of tone will ever exist for me anymore!




source:  http://ursula-rose.com/twin-bump-pictures-progression-week-by-week-pregnant-with-twins-belly-bump/

No comments:

Post a Comment